Office Administrator: Order Management & Customer Service
Looking for an extraordinary person to join our small but mighty team of three. The main responsibility of this position is processing daily orders and phone & email customer service. This is a part-time position with the start date most likely the beginning of June (although it's hard to say because of the unknowns associated with with covid) that will move to full time in August when our busy season begins to ramp up. We are seeking a motivated individual that is looking for more than just a job, who wants to contribute his or her talents to our team and who is interested in joining us for the long haul.
GoodLight Natural Candles is a ten-year-old company with a strong and growing presence in the national grocery and sustainable products markets. Our mission is to provide affordable, clean-burning candles, and to contribute to positive change in the world while we’re at it. You will be working Monday – Friday in our office on Main Street in Telluride.
The order manager is responsible for order management, customer service, and administrative support, with your day spent in front of a computer. This position requires impeccable attention to detail, superior organization (this job involves a high volume of daily email traffic), and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Only candidates that are qualified and seriously interested in a long-term position need apply. GoodLight is growing and we’re seeking a person who can grow and adapt along with us.
The responsibilities and duties of this position described here are representative of those the order manager must perform. This is not a comprehensive list, and other tasks and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Have a deep understanding of the intricacies of our various customer channels
- Review and process orders that are received via email, phone, and website
- Manage inventory at our two warehouses
- Generate invoices and process payments using QuickBooks
- Liaise with our third-party fulfillment centers
- Ensure that orders are being shipped in a timely manner
- Provide tracking information to web customers
Office Admin / General Support
- CRM management (TurnLink): updating/adding customer contact info, product info, sales email correspondence
- Managing internal & external documents – mostly Excel-based
- Mailing samples and marketing materials
- Maintaining and organizing office inventory & supplies
- Light cleaning
- Answering phone calls and emails from our wholesale and retail customers
- Responding to customer inquiries and wholesale information requests via email in a timely manner
- Impeccable attention to detail and superb organizational skills
- Great initiative and follow-through
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and switch gears quickly
- Friendly and positive – you are the voice of GoodLight when customers call
- Work with a sense of urgency
- Possess the ability to focus on daily tasks while also seeing the bigger picture of the business
- Be able to anticipate needs
- Willingness and desire to help the business grow and succeed
- Enjoy working with a small staff & an office dog in a decidedly non-corporate environment
- Have an interest in our environmental mission
- A great, positive attitude
- Excellent computer skills & knowledge of Microsoft Office is a must (bonus points for experience with a CRM and QuickBooks)
- 1-2 years of data entry, customer service and/or office support experience is a must
- $18/hour to start
- Bonuses and raises based on milestones and performance
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter along with your resume to email@example.com. Applicants that do not send both will not be considered.