Order Management + Customer Service Specialist
Established in 2009, GoodLight Natural Candles has forged a strong national presence in the natural grocery and sustainable products markets. We make affordable plant-based candles that are free of petroleum-based paraffin, and partner with the Orangutan Land Trust, Wild Asia, and RSPO-certified smallholder farmers as we try to make sustainable palm the industry norm, while helping protect rainforests and the endangered wildlife and communities that calls these forests home. We are a decidedly non-corporate company with a relaxed environment that values kindness, honesty, integrity, communication, transparency, hard work, and work-life balance. We are looking for an extraordinary person to join our small but mighty team in our office on Main Street in Telluride. [This position is flexible in that you may work from home 2-3 days a week if you do not live in the Telluride area.]
About The Position
The main responsibility of the Order Management/Customer Service Specialist is processing daily orders and phone & email customer service with your day spent in front of a computer. This position requires impeccable attention to detail, superior organization, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Only candidates that are qualified and seriously interested in a long-term position need apply. GoodLight is growing and we’re seeking a person who can grow and evolve along with us. This is a full-time position, 40 hours a week, Monday - Friday.
The responsibilities and duties of this position described here are representative of those the Order Manager/Customer Service Specialist must perform. This is not a comprehensive list, and other tasks and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Have a deep understanding of the intricacies of our various customer channels
- Review and process orders that are received via email, phone, and website
- Have a deep grasp on our inventory levels
- Generate invoices and process payments using QuickBooks
- Liaise with our third-party fulfillment centers
- Ensure that orders are being shipped in a timely manner
- CRM management (TurnLink): updating / adding customer contact info, product info, sales email correspondence
- Managing internal & external documents – mostly Excel-based
- Answering phone calls & responding to customer and sales rep inquiries via email
- Mailing samples and marketing materials
- Impeccable attention to detail and superb organizational skills
- Great initiative and follow-through
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and switch gears quickly
- Friendly and positive
- Have a sense of urgency
- Possess the ability to “handle it”
- Be able to anticipate needs
- Willingness to help the business grow and succeed
- Have an interest in our environmental mission
- A great, positive attitude
- Excellent computer skills & knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, is a must (bonus points for experience with a CRM, QuickBooks, Dropbox)
- 1-2 years of data entry, customer service and/or office support experience is a must
- 4-year college degree or equivalent is preferred not mandatory
- based on experience and skill set
Benefits kick in after 90 days with a ski pass after one year.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants that do not send both will not be considered.