Office Administrator: Order Management & Customer Service
Looking for an extraordinary person to join our small but mighty team of three. The main responsibility of this position is processing daily orders and phone & email customer service. This is a part-time position starting sometime in May (depending on how the current shelter-in-place shakes out) that will move to full time in August when our busy season begins to ramp up. We are seeking a motivated individual that is looking for more than just a job, who wants to contribute his or her talents to our team and who is interested in joining us for the long haul.
GoodLight Natural Candles is a ten-year-old company with a strong and growing presence in the national grocery and sustainable products markets. Our mission is to provide affordable, clean-burning candles, and to contribute to positive change in the world while we’re at it. You will be working Monday – Friday in our office on Main Street in Telluride.
The order manager is responsible for order management, customer service, and administrative support, with your day spent in front of a computer. This position requires impeccable attention to detail, superior organization (this job involves a high volume of daily email traffic), and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Only candidates that are qualified and seriously interested in a long-term position need apply. GoodLight is growing and we’re seeking a person who can grow and adapt along with us.
The responsibilities and duties of this position described here are representative of those the order manager must perform. This is not a comprehensive list, and other tasks and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Have a deep understanding of the intricacies of our various customer channels
- Review and process orders that are received via email, phone, and website
- Manage inventory at our two warehouses
- Generate invoices and process payments using QuickBooks
- Liaise with our third-party fulfillment centers
- Ensure that orders are being shipped in a timely manner
- Provide tracking information to web customers
Office Admin / General Support
- CRM management (TurnLink): updating/adding customer contact info, product info, sales email correspondence
- Managing internal & external documents – mostly Excel-based
- Mailing samples and marketing materials
- Maintaining and organizing office inventory & supplies
- Light cleaning
- Answering phone calls and emails from our wholesale and retail customers
- Responding to customer inquiries and wholesale information requests via email in a timely manner
- Impeccable attention to detail and superb organizational skills
- Great initiative and follow-through
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and switch gears quickly
- Friendly and positive – you are the voice of GoodLight when customers call
- Work with a sense of urgency
- Possess the ability to focus on daily tasks while also seeing the bigger picture of the business
- Be able to anticipate needs
- Willingness and desire to help the business grow and succeed
- Enjoy working with a small staff & an office dog in a decidedly non-corporate environment
- Have an interest in our environmental mission
- A great, positive attitude
- Excellent computer skills & knowledge of Microsoft Office is a must (bonus points for experience with a CRM and QuickBooks)
- 1-2 years of data entry, customer service and/or office support experience is a must
- $18/hour to start
- Bonuses and raises based on milestones and performance
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter along with your resume to email@example.com. Applicants that do not send both will not be considered.