Office Administration + Order Processing + Customer Service
Looking for an extraordinary person to join our small but mighty team of three. The main responsibility of this position is to offer administrative support as well as processing of daily orders and phone & email customer service. We are seeking a motivated individual that is looking for more than just a job, who wants to contribute his or her talents to our team and who is interested in joining us for the long haul. This is a full-time position.
GoodLight Natural Candles is an eleven-year-old company with a strong and growing presence in the national grocery and sustainable products markets. Our mission is to provide affordable, clean-burning candles, and to contribute to positive change in the world while we’re at it. We work Monday – Friday at our office on Main Street in Telluride. This position is flexible in that you may work from home 2-3 days a week if you do not live in the Telluride area.
The office administrator is responsible for supporting the order manager and the husband & wife owners with administrative tasks plus order processing & customer service with your day spent in front of a computer. This position requires impeccable attention to detail, superior organization (this job involves a high volume of daily email traffic), and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Only candidates that are qualified and seriously interested in a long-term position need apply. GoodLight is growing and we’re seeking a person who can grow and evolve along with us.
The responsibilities and duties of this position described here are representative of those the required. This is not a comprehensive list, and other tasks and responsibilities may be assigned.
Office Admin / General Support
- CRM management (TurnLink)
- Managing internal & external documents – mostly Excel-based
- Completing new item and vendor forms
- Monthly sales reporting
- Light QuickBooks tasks
- Website maintenance (Shopify)
- Mailing samples and marketing materials
- Maintaining and organizing office inventory & supplies
- Maintaining office functions – internet, website, phone, computer software
- Review and process orders
- Have a deep grasp on our inventory levels & systems
- Generate invoices and process payments using QuickBooks
- Liaise with our third-party fulfillment centers
- Answering phone calls & responding to customer inquiries via email
Qualifications (in no particular order - all are equally necessary)
- Impeccable attention to detail and superb organizational skills
- Great initiative and follow-through
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and switch gears quickly
- Friendly and positive – you are the voice of GoodLight when customers call
- Have a sense of urgency
- Possess the ability to “handle it”
- Be able to anticipate needs
- Willingness to help the business grow and succeed
- Enjoy working with a small staff in a decidedly non-corporate environment
- Have an interest in our environmental mission
- A great, positive attitude
- Excellent computer skills & knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, is a must (bonus points for experience with a CRM, QuickBooks, Dropbox)
- 1-2 years of data entry, customer service and/or office support experience is a must
- 4-year college degree or equivalent is preferred not mandatory
- $20/hour to start or commensurate with experience
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants that do not send both will not be considered.